Friday, June 17, 2011

Are years getting shorter?

Sometimes I wonder if I missed the memo:

Dear all,

Please note that effective immediately, days will feel shorter, time will fly, and school years will seem to end quickly. This change in policy will be known as your life passing you by; however some departments may call it the creeping in of old age. 

Sincerely,
The Keeper of Time


I absolutely cannot believe that today was the last day of school. Although all of my paperwork is done...report cards done and printed, student files filled in and submitted to the office, book inventories emailed...I spent no time cleaning my classroom during the lead up to today. So, for the next few days when the weather is scheduled to be gorgeous, I will be in my classroom.  You can laugh now.

Head over to Lauren's blog to participate!
 1. The last movie I saw was Letters to Juliet.  It just came on Sho a few weeks ago and I DVRed it right away...and watched it on a school night (gasp!).  I think I liked it even more than I should have because I was high on the exhilaration of having a normal evening not filled with school work! I'm a sucker for any romantic comedy.

2. I want to not have to make a decision.  I feel like Mr. Fine and I are constantly making major decisions, negotiating our time together, and figuring something out.  I want to be able to enjoy the present.

3. Surprises are something I'm not usually good at.  Case in point: I sent Mr. Fine a card last week.  According to my calculations the card should have arrived on Wednesday.  So on Monday, I asked what he was doing on Wednesday, what time he'd be going home, and what time the mail arrived.  Pretty sure he'd figured it out by my third question.  Yep.  Surprise!

4. The best accessory is a necklace.  Long.  Short.  Doesn't matter, but homemade is my latest craze.

5. My favorite warm drink is a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks.  But a cappuccino from my Tassimo and flavored with caramel syrup will do just fine in non-pumpkin latte season, thank you!

6. My favorite cold drink is lemon crystal light.  Water is disgusting.  Throw in some cute yellow crystals and I could drink a jug!

7. Currently I'm loving Criminal Minds marathons on A&E, that Covert Affairs is back on, chocolate chips straight from the bag, my Clarks Unstructured Pumps, and my lily pad flowers.
Happy Weekend!


Fine Divider Owl

5 comments:

Victoria said...

i love covert affairs! and pumpkin spice lattes!! :)

happy weekend!

Sarah said...

Congrats on your last day of school - welcome to summer break :)

And yay for pumpkin spice lattes!!

Courtney @ Missthirdgrade.com said...

You won my giveaway! Please comment with the your name and grade level so I can make you a substitute teacher file cover:) thank you for supporting my blog!!

missthirdgrade.blogspot.com

Courtney-

Anonymous said...

Hooray for summer! I hope you enjoy every day of it... although you have me craving fall and a pumpkin spice latte now, haha.

Beck said...

Your holidays must nearly be over now. hope that you've had a great break! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails