Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Power of a Swiffer and scented candles

Apologies for my absenteeism.  Report cards and conferences.  Enough said.

I've had the luxury of having a few days off work. After the obligatory (!) days on the couch with laptop in hand reading blogs, I got down to it 'real person' style.

Isn't it amazing the effect that a swiffer can have on a person's outlook?  I spent a few hours cleaning and scrubbing (because I admittedly no longer adhere to the weekly cleaning schedule that I maintained in university) and ended with a wet swiffer of the kitchen floor and a pumpkin candle burning on the kitchen table. 

Now, I don't know what they put in swiffers and scented candles but I've been high on life and relaxing over the past few days.  I'm wondering if it's the toxins in said swiffer and candle that are responsible for such a euphoric celebration of life?  I've purchased groceries, reduced piles, and made great plans to make this scarf from the Just Sew Sassy website:



We'll have to see how long the euphoria lasts after I'm back to school tomorrow.  No matter - now I know that should I need an outlook life, I simply need to open the wet swiffer box and breathe deeply.  Should you need to partake in a similar uplifting experience, my recommendation is the Lavendar Vanilla Comfort scent.

As an aside, having a few days off has also seen an increase in my soap opera consumption.  All My Children.  I only needed 3 days and I think I understand every story line.  There's got to be a lesson plan about story writing somewhere in that observation.  And who names their daughter Greenlee?

Happy Hump Day my friends,
Fine Divider Owl

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails