1. Giving is nerve-wracking! Sitting there waiting to see if the recipient will get the "I'm faking my happiness" look on their face or an authentic happiness. Giving is definitely my favorite part but it makes me nervous!
2. Receiving is not necessary. I really like to downplay gifts at Christmas. I'm in it more for the food, atmosphere, and time with others. I am ALL FOR birthdays, though. I love the day that is all about Mrs. Fine.
3. The best gift I ever received was our garage door opener. Seriously. Mr. Fine surprised me with one many years ago and it meant I could stay in my cozy car in the blizzard without lifting the door. It *MADE MY DAY*!
4. The best gift I ever gave was the homemade jewelery I handed out last year. Nerve wracking, of course (see #1), but the recipients loved them (I think) ;-).
5. Something intangible that I wish I could receive is more time with Mr. Fine. He's away a lot and I miss him! Maybe that's tangible...I can touch Mr. Fine...
6. Something intangible that I wish I could give is confidence to my students during tests. They have major test anxiety and make silly mistakes....eek!
7. The one gift I always wanted as a child, but never got was I can't think of anything...I was never really into Christmas gifts.
Happy Weekend, all!