Sunday, July 4, 2010

Do you remember?

Mr. Fine and I have developed a nice little habit of watching television during lunch.  Although there is much quality television to stimulate the mind at mid-day (cough), we typically opt for recorded tv. Thank you U-Verse... you are my second Mr. Fine.

Fast Times at Ridgemont High circa 1982 was today's entertainment...for only 30 minutes.  That's what we told ourselves at the outset.  Meh.  We watched the whole movie and then said, "it's already 4:01?" when the credits rolled.

Here are the items of the 80s I'd forgotten about:
  • leg warmers
  • buttons for jean jackets
  • Pat Benatar (although I don't even think I remembered her in the 80s...I was just a 'pre-teen' then)
  • locker mirrors
  • checkered skater shoes
  • sweaters with belts
  • collars up...(wait, don't we still do that?  J Crew?)

Am I old if I've reached the point where I say the music of the 80s and 90s was better?  Or better yet, if the clothes the 'cool kids' are wearing these days seem surprisingly similar to the vintage in my totes in the basement?

Either way, I laughed the hardest when a character said this:

"I woke up in a great mood; I don't know what the hell happened."

And if nothing else, I got a fantastic line to get me through a rough day.  With the fireworks around here today, I can only think of burning school houses...now that's a memory from the 80s!

Thanks for stopping by,

Fine Divider Owl

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails